3. Support System
4. Function Brief
F.lux is a tool to darken your display in the evening and night for reducing strain on your eyes and get more natural sleep rhythms. With this tool you can set up a light scene with Yeelight smart lamps corresponding to your f.lux display temperature. Supports up to 5 lamps at once.
5. Detailed description
- Enable the developer mode (sometimes also called LAN mode) on your lamps in the Yeelight app.
- Find out your lamp's IP addresses and put them into the config.ini file.
- If you know your lamp's color temperature range you should set it in the config file aswell. If you don't know it, the script will use the widest range possible but you might get an error message. It will still work, though.
- In f.lux settings enter http://127.0.0.1:8080/room_1 in the bottom URL mask as shown here.
- Either run fluxee.exe or fluxee.py.
Keep in mind that your f.lux settings might not match your lamp's capabilities. For example, my Yeelight RGBW Bulb supports 1700K to 6500K, my Mi Desk Lamp only 2700K to 6500K. On default, f.lux ranges from 1900K to 6500K, its effectiveness may vary depending on your lamp. If you're very sensitive even 2700K might not be dim enough for you to achieve full melatonin secretion.
6. Open source
7. Contact Developer